Knit Picks has a new sock monkey knitting kit to go along with their earlier monkey kit (which is no longer available):
Yes I bought it and no I haven't even started the first one. I'm a knitter (and sewer) with stashes. What did you expect? But I am almost finished this short sleeved twisty sweater from Sublime:
I may not be sewing right now (still don't have the sewing room(s) back in order) but I am knitting.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
We have our airline tickets for a 2-week trip next month! Yippee! So where are we going?
- we've never been there before
- it's an 11 hour, nonstop flight from San Francisco
- we'll be lost and unable to translate any street signs unless they're in English
- as much as we like to not stand out as tourists when we travel, it will be nearly impossible to do so
- I will probably come home with fabric...likely to be silk
- I will probably come home with some sewing notions that I can't buy here at home
- we will likely eat fish for many of the meals
- the train will be a fast (very fast) form of transportation
- it's likely to be very warm this time of year
So where do you think it is?