Thursday, December 01, 2005

One more finished

I finished the _______ for ___. Can't say what it is or even who it is for because I want to keep the fact that it's handmade part of the surprise of the gift. So that leaves one gift partially done, one is in the sewing stage, and the sewing guild neighborhood gift exchange gift yet unfinished.

I have to remember to photograph the gifts before I wrap, and in some cases, ship the gifts.

Such a hectic time of year, but I'm pleased with myself for actually completing some handmade gifts! Every year I strive to make gifts and most years I have to resort to store-bought items because I take on more than I can finish.

After the gifts are finished, the Christmas lights hung, the tree put up and decorated, and the cookies baked, I hope to make some Christmas stockings or ornaments. I'd really like to stitch out those Rudolph designs, maybe just on some white felt (if I can find some this time of year!) or I'll get more productive and use white muslin, which I'll then stuff with fiberfill. I'd also like to make the kitties some new catnip toys, perhaps knit some mice, since last year's felt toys went over quite well:





One year later, most of them are quite shredded or completely demolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment