Friday, March 10, 2006

Off to see the snow

I know most people living in colder regions (hi mom!) will think we're nuts, but we're driving up to Yosemite this weekend where there will be lots of SNOW! We've had some pretty chilly, rainy weather here lately and the predicted snow level tonight will be about 500-1000 feet. This is the forecast for my area tonight:

Tonight: Cloudy with occasional light rain . Snow may mix in. Low 36F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

This is the forecast for Yosemite tomorrow:

Tomorrow: Cloudy with snow showers and flurries becoming a steady accumulating snow later. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected.

Yay for snow! The dilemma I have now is which of my big woolly sweaters to bring. I have two gorgeous Dale of Norway sweaters, one of which was purchased during a visit to Norway about 14 years ago. In addition I have a lovely wool/possum mix cardigan from New Zealand that is very warm and snuggly. The possums, not to be confused with the non-furry variety in the US, are a bad problem in NZ so they are allowed to trap and kill them for their food and fur. You can buy mixed wool/possum yarn from NZ and trust me, it's very, very soft.

I'm also looking forward to knitting on the drive up and back. Next week I'm flying to DC for work and plan to knit on the flight. I might just get this UFO sweater done!

Thinking about that possum wool cardigan has me thinking about New Zealand and the wonderful time we had there in 2003. It also makes me think about Tim Tams. Yummy, chocolaty goodness! Fortunately my husband's co-worker just returned from Australia and brought him some, which we are savoring, not munching down like we did during our NZ roadtrip. If you ever get a chance to go to NZ, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment