Friday, January 09, 2009

A gaggle of knitting FOs

My knitting needles were smoking over the last few weeks. I made a bunch of knitted items for my in-laws for their birthdays. We visited them in Chicago last weekend to attend my father-in-law's birthday party.

I made this hat on the flight from SFO. I cast on during the ride to the airport and worked on it on the flight, finishing it as we taxied to the gate. The yarn is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky. The stitch is a simple 2x2 rib. I used a pattern called Pro Bono, which is available free to those registered on ravelry.com.


SFO-ORD Hat



The matching scarf, also in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky, was actually the first project and it led to all of the others. I felt I couldn't give one in-law a hand-knit scarf and not the other. The scarf is just a simple 3x3 ribbing. I chose to do 7 ribs to signify my father-in-law's 70th birthday.


seventy-scarf



I used up some stashed Malabrigo to make my mother-in-law a scarf. The pattern is called Scrunchable, also from ravelry, but it's really just a simple k2p1 stitch pattern done on both sides.


scrunchable



I also made a matching hat and fingerless mitts using the Malabrigo Head Thingie and Malabrigo Hand Thingie patterns from ravelry.


malabrigo-hat




mitts



It was cold in Chicago, as one would expect in January. It snowed on the last day we were there but it didn't delay our flight for very long. Here's a view of the Museum of Science and Industry and a frozen Lake Michigan, taken from my in-law's apartment.


Museum of Science and Industry - Chicago



I'll leave you with another picture of Felix hogging the heat register. The world is just too much for him.

Too much

No comments:

Post a Comment