Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Back to K1...

I knitted a few rows of my Eros yarn that I bought to make some scarves but ripped it out. The yarn is rather interesting, since it's not really a yarn. It's more like string ladders.



My aluminum needles kept slipping out and I was just rather frustrated with the whole thing. Maybe I'm not knitting correctly. I have to let go of my one needle to wrap the yarn around for the stitch and of course when I do that, the needle often slips out. I taught myself from a book and the last time anyone showed me how to knit I was about 8. Sooooo...I decided to pick up my "Knitting in Plain English" book and read it instead. May I'll just start over and perhaps reteach myself how to knit right handed.

In fabric news, my in-laws sent me some teal green Thai silk from their recent trip to Thailand. I'm not really sure what to make with it, but it is lovely stuff. I'm also awaiting a package from Wazoodle. I haven't heard from them that it shipped and if my order didn't go through, then I guess it's supposed to be that way. I REALLY don't need any more fabric. I just bought two more big plastic storage boxes at Costco last night because I've used up all the others. I'm up to box 24 or 25 or gosh, I don't know, maybe 26. I'm trying hard to resist buying more fabric but it's so hard.