Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Just do it

I am overwhelmed by the projects I want to do and don't know where or how to start on anything. I think it's a problem of being too organized and having too many supplies, if that can possibly be a problem. Last night I sat in my newly painted, newly decorated, and newly furnished sewing room and did nothing but shuffle my fabric swatch cards around on the desk. My many fabric swatch cards. Each scrap of fabric brought to mind the project I envisioned when I bought it. Tailored pants out of the brown herringbone-patterned raw silk. Short zippered jacket from the tweedy olive wool. Comfy hooded pullover out of the quilted white cotton. I know what my problem is. I'm paralized by a fear of failure. I want to make things that are stylish, well fitting, and won't scream homemade. I need to forge ahead and just do it.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean :) I've had some beautiful earthy patterned fabric ready to be made into a ruched blouse for ages now, and some thin brown corduroy for a jacket and pants for almost as long, but it's almost gotten to the point I'm afraid to do them lest they don't fit, or look like I've imagined after all this anticipation! I'll start one if you start one...;)

    ReplyDelete