Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Slowly...poking...along

I cut out and stitched up the new collar last night. That's it. That's the extent of my progress on the Jalie shirt. I haven't even sewn it on the shirt yet. Some of the time was spent cutting out and ironing on the new interfacing . Woohoo. Such progress. At this rate I'll finish the shirt sometime in mid-September.

But to be fair, I do work a full time job and my husband and I stayed a bit later at work last night than usual. Plus we stopped at Costco-land on the way home to replenish our supply of fruit, pretzels (BIG bag), and milk. Lots of fruit. And a pair of pants that turned out not to fit. I hate that Costco doesn't have dressing rooms. I hate that Dockers' sizes are not consistent. But I like being able to pick up a pair of pants, some sneakers, or a package of underwear while doing my routine food shopping. And sometimes they fit. I know I have plenty of fabric and patterns to make my own pants and underwear (not the sneakers of course) but I'm a slooooooow sewer. If I relied on my sewing to supply all my clothes, well, let's just say it's a good thing I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment