- Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk (for the Lara wrap I've been wanting to make since it came out)
- Gedifra Wellness cotton/acrylic for a husband sweater
- Misti Alpaca Worsted
- Berrocco Peruvia
- Acero from Brooks Farm
- Two skeins of Koigu for the Baby Surprise sweater (no baby surprises here though)
- Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock yarn
- Louet Gems sock yarn
- Tilli Thomas Aspen yarn
- Belisa Cashmere (mmmmm)
- Leather purse straps
- Knitting Pure and Simple top down v-neck pattern (for a husband sweater)
- Spindle from Carolina Homespun (not shown)
- A bit 'o practice fiber from Carolina Homespun (not shown)
- DPN protectors made by Jeni (not shown)
- Felted hat pattern from Pickup Sticks (not shown)
- Circular and dpn needles
I went to the banquet Saturday night and I won a door prize! A Vogue on the Go book on knitting ponchos. Whoopie. But there are some nice patterns in it, even if I'm not a poncho kind of girl. Every time ponchos come up, my DH quotes Frank Zappa: "Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?" Every time. I might adapt some of the ideas into shawls instead.
Better than the door prize was the freebie I received at the end of the banquet. Every table gets a bag of freebies that are passed out in order around the table. I won a skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn and a sock pattern. Woot!
And now the projects! Yes, we have projects!
I finished the sweater for my niece and the doll sweater for the older niece's 18 inch doll is almost done. I just have to finish seaming one side and sew on the buttons. I have more yarn left so I think I might make the matching doll skirt and doll hat.
Pattern: Torgeir from Elsabeth Lavold's Viking Knit Collection.
Yarn: Rowan Designer DK Wool (it's about 10 years old, from a failed sweater I attempted 10 years ago)
Needle size: 5/7
Pattern: from Knitters Fall 1998
Yarn: Rowan Designer DK Wool
Needle size: 5/7
And now the work in progress:
"Husband sock" in Regia, size 0 needle. Note the super cool needle protectors made by Jeni! This is my first toe-up sock. I do like that short row toe!
Bonita from the Rowan Magazine Issue 41, in Artfiber Rush cotton, size 2 and 4 needle: