Monday, July 22, 2013

It's like magic!

I couldn't wait to get started on my next weaving project, so I quickly finished weaving the sunset scarf yesterday. I hem stitched it and got it off the loom - I still need to weave in the loose ends and trim the fringe (what, do you think I'd actually finish something completely before starting a new project?) I was anxious to warp the loom and get started on this next project because it's plaid!



I think it's like magic the way the pattern forms from just two colors of yarn.

The yarns are from Wolle Rödel, a yarn store here in Germany that sells yarn under their own label but also carries some other brands. The local store near me just remodeled, and they had bins of their cotton and cotton blend yarn on discount. I saw "summer scarf." The darker yarn is 100% cotton, and the lighter one is 45/40/15 of viscose/cotton/linen. This is my first 2-color project, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I like interaction of the colors. It is like magic. ;)

    ReplyDelete