Wednesday, July 10, 2013

One down...

BlueTwisty by jezzybelly
 
One UFO complete...more to go. I started this sweater in June 2009. But I probably finished the knitting part by the end of summer and wasn't inspired to sew the sleeves and side seams. I never used to like seaming but now that I know how to do it properly I don't mind it so much. I'm sure I also feared that this blue sweater wouldn't fit so I just stuffed it in a bag and cast on something else. I'm a bit smaller now and the sweater is a little big on me. I think it actualy would have fit better four years ago.

I like that I'm finally finishing these projects. I also finished seaming another long-term UFO sweater but I have some tweaking to do on it, so it's not done yet. My other UFOs are mostly socks but there are two more sweaters - one is almost complete but the other, a heavy winter type, has a lot more knitting to go so I'm not going to work on it in this summer heat.

Here are the specifics on this sweater:

Pattern: Morocco from the Sublime book #623
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Soya Cotton DK (50% soya, 50% cotton), colorway is Comfrey (084)
Needle size: US 3 (3.25 mm) and US 6 (4.0 mm)

I knit the size large and used 6+ skeins of yarn. I have most of the 7th ball leftover. The yarn is very soft and makes the sweater very comfortable. Some knitters on Ravelry have said that the sweater stretched out - I hope it doesn't because it's already a bit big on me.

6 comments:

  1. Thats really nice Lori, I think I need to knit it for me. Can we see a modelled shot too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may do a modeling session when I finish the other UFO sweater.

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:27 AM

    Very pretty sweater! I really like that neckline detail.

    ReplyDelete