I thought I had found a New Look blouse pattern that fit without alterations, but I was sadly mistaken. I made up the muslin last week and it seemed to fit, so either my body suddenly changed or I was in fitting-denial when I tried it on. Somehow I fear the latter. I tried it on again last night (after it had cooled down into the 90s) and with the front hidden placket sewn up the truth was immediately visible. The blouse is too small. Well, too small from the bust down that is. I added to the pattern, grading to the next largest size just under the arm and it was sort of ok, but still not right in the bust. If I increase to the next largest size overall, it will be too baggy across the chest and in the shoulders. So now I'm consulting Sandra Betzina, alas not in person but via Fast Fit, to see how to increase the bust darts.
My serger is back home. Yeah! It's been cleaned and oiled and adjusted and is ready to do its serging duties once again.