Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Painting and sewing and knitting

Not all together...and not painting as in artistic. On Sunday, while my husband was at a friend's house helping to install new sinks in their bathroom I made myself busy at home. Oh and here's a tip - if remodeling, spend the few extra dollars and don't buy the cheapest sinks or you will be replacing them when the overflow rusts out and leaks water everywhere. With the whole day ahead of me I thought about all the creative projects I could do, but as I was cleaning up the kitchen, the wall above the backsplash cried out to me to please finish painting me. Ok, the counter was (relatively) cleaned off so I could get to the wall and the paintcan has been sitting there since we tiled the backsplash in...um...February. So a Sunday afternoon project was underway. I got out the painting supplies, opened the patio door to enjoy the fresh air and singing birds, and finished the painting. I even covered some boo-boos in the adjoining family room. Don't you love finishing a project?

The sewing consisted of working on a second twisty top. You'd think it would be easier to make a second garment from the same pattern and for the most part it was; however my brain, which anticipated that this would be easy, aparently decided to switch off altogether. After a few dumb mistakes I am mostly finished with Twisty Top Two.

As for knitting, I'm working on a new small project. I'll post pictures when it's done, which will hopefully be soon. I really want to start on a real project but do not want to have too many projects going at once, so I should finish the small one first.

This weekend I'm looking forward to getting together with some patternreview friends in SF. We get together a few times a year to chat, swap fabric and patterns, get fitting help, and show off a new project or two. Since our host lives close to Fabrix and Satin Moon, guess where we're going? But I am taking public transportation home so I will have to limit my buying. This is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment