Monday, May 05, 2008

I bought a bicycle!

Here's my new ride:



It's a Trek 7300, designed for women (can't you tell with the light blue and styling?) and made for riding on bike trails and trips to the store - like Hancock Fabrics, which is a mile away. The leather seat is nice and wide and the frame is designed for ease in getting on and off the bike. Comfort was the number one priority in this purchase because I have to enjoy riding the bike or it just won't get ridden. It's taking a little getting used to because it is very different than the last bike I bought, which was a ten-speed road bike...twenty years ago. The handle bars are more upright and the shifting is through paddles located on the handlebars. And there are a lot more gears - 24 of them actually. I'm getting the hang of it but don't really know when I'd use all the gears.

I hope to get out for some recreational riding on the weekends and also use it for short trips to local stores. I bought a nice bag for the back of the bike that will be perfect for a picnic lunch or when I pick up a few sewing notions or patterns from Hancocks.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with your new bike! I used to ride a lot but my daughter has hijacked my bike. I like the upright handlebars - easier on the back and neck. I should look into buying another bike.

    ReplyDelete