Monday, May 05, 2008

A little bit of France in Mountain View

I don't do restaurant reviews on my blog because 1) this is primarily a sewing and knitting blog and 2) we don't eat out much. Not that we don't like good food and restaurants, it's just that we tend to do our own cooking and don't make a habit of eating out. But Saturday night my husband and I had a very nice dinner at Le Petit Bistro in Mountain View and I liked it so much I wanted to pass on a recommendation to my local friends who read this blog. The food was authentic French and very, very good. For an appetizer I enjoyed two nice-sized lightly breaded patties of abalone and scallop with a tasty sauce and my husband had mussels, which he devoured. For a main entree I chose Coq au Vin in a burgundy sauce and my husband had New Zealand lamb. Both were delicious and well prepared. The vegetables were nicely done too and very good. We finished with desserts of chocolate mousse and apple tart and some espresso coffees. Yum, yum, yum. The atmosphere is quite laid back and you can dress up or be casual and fit in. The decor is ho-hum and dated but we were there to eat good food, not admire the furnishings. An added bonus was that I was able to practice my French because the staff are all French. And they were very warm and friendly. I know we'll be back.

Bon appetite!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! for New Zealand lamb. Funnily enough, we had NZ lamb the other night too(from my DSis farmlet - his name was Hagrid, lol). Sounds like a lovely dinner out. Now I really, really want choc mousse.....

    ReplyDelete